Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Decade Of Unforgivable Fashion

So as a professional Fashion Stylist and Consultant I will be the first to tell you, make a statement and standout in a crowd. Well these celebrities did but in a not so stylish way. Here is our pick of the decade’s most unforgivable fashion moments.

Jennifer Lopez is a mom now with 2 adorable kids but in 2000 when she showed up at the Grammys with a watercolor teal Versace dressed that was cut down to… well you know what, everyone gasped. I actually loved it, my first thoughts were ”you go girl.”


I truly do love Bjork’s music and her style is parallel to none but when she arrived at the 2001 Oscars dressed in the now famous “swan dress” we all thought to ourselves “what on earth.”


Remember when Justin & Britney showed up at the American Music Awards OD'd on denim.


The return of “Swan Lake”, no it’s Laura Flynn Boyle at the 60th Annual Golden Globes Awards dressed in this crazy costume.

This was the decade of the retro look but Alice Evans took this look even further in this 70’s inspired mumsy-looking dress at the Oscars.

OMG, remember the Jessica Simpson mom jeans.


When Tilda Swinton showed up to the 2008 Oscars in this horrific black velvet one-sleeved Lanvin dress I remember thinking this is a terrible use of good black velvet.



And my crowning unforgivable fashion moment of the decade goes to my girl Sarah Jessica Parker, now don’t get me wrong I love Sarah with all my heart and soul. Sarah has fabulous fashion sense and a sexy style but arriving in London at the premiere of “Sex And The City” with green roses, yellow butterflies, twigs & branches mounted atop an acorn base on the top of your head was a bit much.

No comments: